Friday, February 25, 2011

Nicki Minaj: Fame Has Made Me Second-Guess My Friends

Nicki Minaj: Fame Has Made Me Second-Guess My Friends

Nicki+Minaj in The USO Presents
Singer Nicki Minaj performs onstage during "VH1 Divas Salute the Troops" presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. "VH1 Divas Salute the Troops" concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Getty Images)

Nicki Minaj loves being in the spotlight, but there are some drawbacks to all the fame and fortune. For instance: It's hard to know who her true friends are anymore.

She said: “I’m not a trusting person. I think it’s because I’ve had to deal with so many people letting me down. I’ve lost my peace of mind. I no longer know who’s my friend or my enemy. I don’t know if they’re calling me because they like me or because they want a photo op, and that’s not a good feeling. I’m always second-guessing everyone, trying to figure out, ‘Who is this person, and what do they want from me?’ ”

The Massive Attack singer explained one of the reasons why she struggles to trust her friends was she was recently invited to a pal’s house, only for three strangers to come in and ask her to sign their CDs. She told BlackBook magazine: “I wasn’t expecting that from one my closest friends.”

Despite her frustration, Nicki insists she is still happy to be famous, though she has learned to appreciate that being valued for her work is more important than being recognised.
She said: “I’ve always wanted fame. But when I achieved fame, I started realizing that it wasn’t as important as being great at what you do, or being critically acclaimed. Still, I never wish I wasn’t famous.”
Zimbio

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com