First of all, I know that the article title suggests that I will give you the recipe for making olive oil at home, but that's not the case. We are here to find the right hair care treatment using olive oil. Many a times, you will find that pollution, usage of hair care products like gels, hair mousse, or even straightening and curling irons can do a lot of damage to your hair. Losing the natural shine and luster from your hair is for sure when you don't take enough care of them. Which is why, you need to pamper your hair and improve its condition so that you don't end up with rough or unmanageable hair. Of course, whenever someone asks you do a hair treatment, it is natural to think that using only expensive products or a trip to the salon is in store. Well, that's not the case here. You can easily follow an at home hair care treatment using olive oil and some more ingredients. Read the rest of the article to find out how that is possible.
Homemade Olive Oil for Hair Treatment
In actuality, you don't require expensive products or even complicated ingredients' list to prepare a deep conditioning hair treatment. The fact is that even if you applied only olive oil on your scalp and hair, you will find a drastic change. The other ingredients which are used mostly help when hair is dry, damaged, or not cared for over a period of time. Plus, using natural ingredients is always better than exposing delicate hair to harmful chemicals found in various hair care products.
Olive Oil Conditioner
- First of all, get ½ cup olive oil, ½ cup aloe vera gel, few drops of essential oil, 1/8 cup baby oil, and 2 cups coconut oil.
- Once you have the ingredients, mix them in a bowl and use it as a conditioner.
- After you have washed your hair with the shampoo, apply this mixture on your scalp and hair.
- You can even whisk in 2 egg whites in the conditioner to give your hair a beautiful shine.
- Rinse hair properly so that the conditioner isn't left in the hair.
- To remove dandruff from hair, we will use the homemade olive oil for hair growth treatment.
- Warm olive oil in microwave and massage it into your scalp and hair, till the ends.
- Now wrap a hot towel around your head and hair.
- Let the towel be till it cools down. You can even repeat the hot towel step once more.
- In the end, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Let your hair air dry.
- Let's gather the ingredients first - 6 vitamin E capsules, ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup jojoba oil, half an avocado, and 1 cup honey.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together and make a thick mixture.
- You can even add 1 egg white if you are going to be using the mixture immediately after it's ready.
- If the mixture is too thick, you can add coconut oil or regular whole milk.
- Directly apply on your scalp and hair, and leave it in for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair properly with shampoo and conditioner recommended for your hair type.
- For our next olive oil hair treatment, we require 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, and 2 egg whites.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and apply it properly in your hair.
- Massage your scalp for few minutes and let the mixture be in your hair for couple of hours.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water and then shampoo and condition hair normally.
- Use a wide toothed comb to remove tangles and let your hair air dry completely.