One of the most popular and exciting way of meeting new people, speed dating has been attracting people of different age groups. Frankly, it’s not easy to find your perfect soul mate and when it comes to finding a decent man or a lovely woman, not everyone actually knows what to look for in a potential mate. Before a guy can even muster the courage to ask a girl out, he rethinks each and every move of his. As for the girls, in the hopes of finding Prince Charming, some of us might just miss out on one in the process. The dating world is very unpredictable as you never know what’s going to happen next. And when you throw in the complications of a relationship, then forget about it. Which is why, many singles find that speed dating is a good alternative to meet someone and hopefully, strike a chord. So if you are planning on giving speed dating a shot, then you have to read what we’ve got to say.
Speed Dating Tips for Women
If this your first try at speed dating, your nerves must be at an all-time high right now. There’s so much to think about; whether you’ll be able to find someone, is this a good idea, what should wear, should you think of something witty to say, so on and so forth. Since speed dating, as the name suggests, doesn’t really give you a lot of time to really connect with someone on a personal note, you’ve got to be prepared and work in the time allotted to you. Of course, there will be dozens of guys lined up in front of you and finding Mr. Right can become that much challenging. So to ease you through this process and get you the romance you’ve always searched for, read the following tips.
- The way you present yourself is very essential. I know some women feel that basing decisions on physical and outer appearance is sexist. But when you come to think of it, the attraction between a man and a woman begins from sight. So don’t feel shy to dress well and look elegant (with as little makeup and accessories as possible).
- Depending on what you’re looking for in a guy, frame your speed dating questions. For example, you are looking for a non-smoker or someone who drinks at a reasonable quantity, don’t be scared to ask the guys point blank.
- Keep in mind that you only have but a minute or two to get yourself noticed, so make the right first impression. Even after meeting many women, if you think he has potential, then he needs to remember you till the end. Show confidence in yourself and try to give interesting and truthful answers.
- It’s not necessary that you need to have witty and/or funny answers to all the questions. Many a times, you might not have something nice to say, but that doesn’t mean you give up. Sometimes, a plain and simple answer will do just fine.
- Since everyone gets a number, it can be difficult to remember the names of the guy(s) you might be interested in when the whole shebang is over. A good way to remember an individual's name is by writing his name in front of the number. It will be easier for you later on.
Don’t look at speed dating as a last resort to finding "Happy Ending", but as a unique life experience. Your attitude is everything that makes this effort make it or break it for you. If you go in with the feeling that you are going to find someone that is meant for you, then you’ll be more open and free to communicate with others; and that confidence will show when it’s needed. Women can smell fear, agitation, and every negative thoughts/feelings that come to your head. And we don’t want that to happen. What you need be perceived as is a strong, confident guy whom women would love to get to know more. Am I right? So to put your best food forward, follow these tips.
- Be humble when you talk to a lady. When a woman speaks to you, basically she's looking at how you speak to her and are you a gentleman. She will base her decision on it.
- Try not to boast about yourself too much. Of course, everyone has accomplished a lot in their lives which they are proud of. But talking about it constantly can be a turnoff.
- If you're nervous about talking to so many women in such a short time, then rehearse with a friend. You can do a mock setup and talk about some common speed dating questions.
- Wear a nice perfume and dress in comfortable clothes. Sensual and sexy smelling perfumes can really get you noticed.
- Make sure your hair is neat and shampooed, your nails are trimmed, hair on the face is shaved (or if you have a beard, it's trimmed nicely), and you look presentable.
- Instead of being asked all the questions, try to ask her something unique about herself that not many people know. And, pay attention to her. Women love it when guys listen to what they have to say.
- Don't be arrogant and don't stare at you know where. Women don't appreciate guys who are just looking for quick hookups.
Well, we discussed on what men and women need to concentrate on for speed dating. However, there are few common dos and don’ts which should not be overlooked by any of the two sexes. And here they are…
- Keep your cool, calm yourself down, and feel confident in yourself. If you are confident, then it will reflect to the other person.
- Seem mysterious, but not so much that the person sitting in front of you is turned off by it. Give him/her the feeling of wanting to know you more.
- Maintain eye contact and smile when you both talk. You are a nice person and that's what you are there to show.
- Be cordial and when the buzzer rings, exchange a quick goodbye. Who knows, this might just trigger something in the person sitting in front of you and want to talk to you more. Polite people are very attractive.
- Don't give personal contact details just yet. You want to make sure that he/she isn’t a stalker or something. Keep yourself safe.
- Don't think that the only way to grab attention is to sound and look interesting. But you have to show interest in the person sitting in front of you.
- Don't try to be someone you are not. Being someone you’re not is making a person believe that you are a particular person. Instead, why not let someone get to know the real you.
- Don't wear a slutty dress (for women) or dress as a pimp (for men). Provocative dressing doesn't really say "girlfriend" or "boyfriend". You want to make an impression which says, "Yes, I know you would like me to be in your life."
- Don't be over flirtatious. Women and many men don't really look for a partner who keeps flirting with each and every person in front of them.
- Don't wander off to another world when someone is talking to you. Even if you are not interested in them, the most you can do is be polite. (You never know, the person sitting in front of you is another guy's friend; whom you like).
- Don't bring up past relationships or the fact that you are here because your friends forced you to. It may be the truth, but a girl doesn't really want to hear that just yet.